Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

Time to say goodbye - for now

Hi lovelies.
Yes, it is time for me to say goodbye. At least, as a regular blogger here on Earrings Everyday.
After two years I feel it is time for me to step aside and make room for other talented jewelry artists. There are so many very talented jewelry artists around, who have beautiful earrings to share with you.

In this last regular post I like to share with you a design I have been making over the years. It is a perfect way to use up left-over beads or just showcase a combo of beads you love. You can just about use any beads you like, in any color combo.

My first pair, made in 2010. Using Aventurine briolettes, Swarovski crystal and Swarovski pearls.

















A pair I made a couple of years back. I still wear these in summer. 


Normally I use ready made rings, but this time I made them myself with sterling silver wire. That's why they look a bit, well, what shall I say, not perfectly round. But that is what I like about handmade items. They are not perfect. Just as we all are. We are perfectly imperfect and that makes us all unique and beautiful.


I had some left over briolettes (Labradorite, no idea what the other one's are), sterling silver beads and rice pearls. voila, my beloved charm earrings.


Thank you all for looking. Thank you for the love I received from you readers and my friends here on earrings everyday. It was heart-warming. It kept me from slipping into a deep depression after my parents passed away. Thank you all, you are a wonderful bunch!

22 comments:

  1. They're beautiful Janine, hope to still see you around. Thanks for everything ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suhana. Your support and love is much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. We'll miss you Janine and your inspirational designs. Keep in touch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janine I will miss your blogs! Always love seeing your beautiful work. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for your sweet words and your support.

      Delete
  4. I will miss your blogs. I have enjoyed seeing your earrings. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy for your support and sweet words. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your creations with us, Janine. Your blogs will be missed. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you wonderful friend for your continuous support and love. Big hugs

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Miss Janine, for sharing your creations with us all this time. I will miss seeing what you design and reading your posts, but I also know that you have new horizons to explore. Best wishes to you! You will always have a place here. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment Erin, and all that you do for this blog.

      Delete
  7. I will miss your posts and the fabulous earrings!
    Good luck and all the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean for your wonderful comment. Greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  8. I've enjoyed your posts, this one included. All beautiful earrings, especially the second pair. Just my sort of thing. I look forward to continuing to see your jewelry on your own blog and other places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Ann. I always love to read your comments and I like to thank you for your continuous support.

      Delete
  9. Very sad to see you leave as a regular contributor, but I understand. Your beautiful creations always inspire me! Great earrings, as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janine, I have always loved your posts AND your earrings, and this post is no exception! I will miss your regular contributions here at EE, but I also understand that when it's time to step away one needs to listen to one's heart. I love your charm earrings; these are just beautiful! Don't be a stranger, either--please let us know what you're up to! Love to you, and all best wishes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words and wonderful comment Meridy. You have no idea how much they mean to me. Thank you!

      Delete
  11. It's difficult for me to say goodbye to you, Janine. . . . so I am not going to. I will just say "so long". I will miss your regular presence here very much. You are one of the kindest, most genuine, caring women I have had the pleasure to get to know. All of that came through in your posts, and your dedication to commenting on each and every single post that graced this board. You are unique and a very special woman. Please don't be a stranger. You have a place here anytime you choose to. You make beautiful earrings, too! :) Much love. n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my friend, thank you so much for your kind and lovely words. And your support. I think I can say the same about you. You make the world a better place. And I am not saying goodbye to you, Norbel. I treasure your friendship. Big hugs.

      Delete