Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Let's go to the Fun Fair?

Scene: You have an extremely messy bead table. So many ideas and concepts tried out over a long period, which has left a myriad of beads and components just laying there. You sit and plainlessly fumble around with your beads. It's such an enjoyable process indeed. Then suddenly, you have something you didn't ever consider in the first place. But you like it somehow.

There is something about these earrings that make me think of some kind of fun fair or a merry-go-round from around the turn of the century 1900. Or a spinning top toy. You know the ones where you press a rod at the top and they start spinning. When I look at them I feel like I am happily swirling round and round.


Art beads:

White distressed matte glaze on dark ceramic cones - NadiaTerra
Green and lime glazed on edge raku fired on dark ceramic heishis - Jubilee

Other beads and components (from bottom):
Brass head pins
Brown 8/0 seed beads
Turquoise rubber heishi spacer beads
Gold and white distressed plastic bumpy heishi beads
Turquoise rubber heishi spacer beads
Red rubber heishi spacer beads
Red coral heishis
Opal white gilt lined 6/0 seed beads
Oxidized brass wire, messy wrapped
Brass square profiled rings
Vintaj brass earring hooks


All my best,
Malin




16 comments:

  1. These do indeed bring memories of a top, always one of my favorite childhood toys! Very fun. I really like the distressed gold and white bumpy disks. And I would not have given them a second glance if I had seen them for sale. You have a great eye. Thank you for the trip down memory lane. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun collection of beads. They make such sweet earrings. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like these Malin - different and fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These make me just squeal - the shapes are so fun and the lime green/cherry red combo really pop next to the shabby white. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fab! I love the pops of color and the interesting elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a treasure trove of cool beads! Every turn offers a different color. I remember fondly my spin-toys too. Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deals in selling celebrities leather jackets for sale within best available prices quality products shipped comprehensively after purchased done online in USA worldwide within few business working days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design--lovely varied shapes, great colors, and all-around fun! I love them, Malin!

    ReplyDelete