Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Hoarders challenge continues

Hello lovelies,

How are you all doing? I hope you are all enjoying wonderful spring weather. Here in Greece, the sun is shining and it is 24 degrees Celsius. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming, just wonderful. 
And I am continuing my self-imposed challenge of using long hoarded beads for the earrings made for this blog.

I never would have picked the color combo pink and blue until one of my wonderful customers requested a bracelet in pink and white, with a dot of mint blue for some contrast. That color combo turned out great. My hoarders pick for today's earrings were sort of mint blue... so why not combining it with beautiful pastel pink? 


Ceramic disc beads by Bo Hulley Beads, one of my favorite ceramic bead makers. I have used many of her beads in the past and have hoarded even more. At the moment she is taking a break, but she will be back. Combined with some brass rings in which I managed to fit tiny Czech glass beads; vintage lucite bead caps, pearls in a wonderful soft pastel pink and more Czech glass (o-ring and firepolished bead).



These will be available this week in my shop. 
Thank you so much for looking and I hope to see you in a couple of weeks. 
Here on Earrings Everyday we appreciate and love to read your comments. So don't be shy and let us know your thoughts. 
Wishing you a wonderful day, full of joy, flowers and singing birds.

Janine
Esfera Jewelry

12 comments:

  1. Hi Janine... I love the color combination! The tiny Czech beads hanging in the center are a very pretty detail (one of many!) of these beautiful earrings. Thank you for your creativity and kindness. xo Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thank you so much for your comment, your continuous support and your friendship. I hope one day we will meet in person.

      Delete
  2. Janine, pink and minty blue, such a contrast, and you worked it beautifully. :) I like the vintage caps, too. I applaud you for digging into your stash for things you've been holding onto for a long time. Although anything you choose to keep in your collection is certainly acceptable, too! It's a tough decision at times. So happy you are having nice weather; we're enjoying a nice spell as well. Happy days to you, Janine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norbel for taking the time to leave a comment. And such a lovely one :). Yes, I never would have thought pink and minty blue would work, but I like it a lot.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    Thank you for the beautiful blog and the wonderful range of styles.
    I am a new follower and your posts brighten my day and inspire me.
    I have done some beadwork in the past and am now starting playing with polymer clay which I love the versatility of. I am hoping to take an intro jewellery course with a local jeweller this year as I love the look of hand - beaten hoops etc.
    I live in Kapiti (near Wellington) in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue for your lovely comment. We are so happy you like the blog and that it inspires you. It is wonderful that you are trying out new techniques. I would love to work with silver as well, but at the moment I just don't have the space and the time. We have some talented ladies here on this blog who do magical things with metal. I wish you lots of fun with your course. And New Zealand....I am jealous :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colours together Janine. I too have a stash of Bo's things and am trying to use some - at the moment - they are rarities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lindsay. Very rare at the moment. I hope she will start making her beautiful beads soon. Until then.. we have to dive into our precious hoard.

      Delete
  5. Janine, I love the way you've constructed these earrings--so ingenious. Everything has a purpose and WORKS. I love the colors (like you, I probably wouldn't have thought of them together, but they work beautifully). I also admire your challenge to use only components you already have in your bead stash...I have been doing that off and on a lot more lately as well. It feels good. I'm glad to know that spring has come where you are--it sounds delightful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment Meridy. I hope spring has arrive at your end of the world as well :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome design and colors! great earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nathalie :) I always appreciate your comment.

      Delete