Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Midsummer Night's Dream

I guess to deal with the cold I've been dreaming about summer and an event with a Midsummer Nights Dream theme. How lovely to think of fairies and love and mischief in a flowery English forest. Yep, that is this week's inspiration. 

The earrings feature peach headpins that I made out of polymer clay, pewter wings from Green Girl Studios and Czech glass.  A few tiny peanut seed beads add just a spot of color in the middle of all those rings.

Here is a print I made a long time ago on the same theme. Funny how the same ideas turn up in all my artwork no matter the medium.

"If we shadows have offended, 
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream"
-William Shakespeare 

Have a great weekend! 

2 comments: