Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

An Introduction


 Let me introduce myself. I'm new on the Earrings Everyday team but some of you may know me primarily from my component shop NuminosityBeads.

 My name is Kimberly Rogers and I also love to make jewelry too, especially earrings. My love of making earrings took me down the path to becoming the lampworker and torch fired enameler that I am today. In the early beginnings of my jewelry making journey I wanted to make some of my own components in order to add a little something totally my own to my designs. I became so hooked on that process that I decided to offer those design elements to other designers that are looking for organic and sometimes crusty components to their designs. I found out that there were a few of you out there that shared that earthy aesthetic as well.

 Part of my creative process is trying to come up with new and unique components to share with others yet retaining a touch of my numinositybeads imprint and recognizable style as a jumping of point for others.
"Gasconade"
The enamel pieces used in these earrings were my own twist  from an experiment with torch fire enameling on old vintage tin children't tea set plates that were too rusty and crusty to be collectibles anymore.
I added a small triangle of some dyed salmon skin leather that I had picked up during a visit to Chile.
any sort of leather could be used to soften and reinforce the tapered area of tin. I pnched a hole in the leather to match the tin hole and I used E6000 glue to glue the leather to the tin.

The springlike green lampwork beads with purple webbing seemed like a nice counterpoint to finish off these earrings.
I am especially fond of Faerystones "simples" earwires once the length of the earrings are established so as not to have them be too long .

Here is an example of an enameled tin pair that I have made.

You can look forward to more Earrings Everyday posts from me on the second and fourth Thursday of every month. I look forward to hearing from you!


xo,    Kimberly Rogers

17 comments:

  1. so glad you joined the group. I love this blog.
    your earrings are lovely, what a marvellous use of old tin toys. I like the leather you added though i must say the idea that it's snake skin is a bit off-putting as I am terrified of snakes. but stunning results nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's salmon skin so no need to be afraid! Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment though.

      Delete
  2. So glad to see you here. I really enjoy this blog and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved your crusty lampwork and I love your wonderful enamel. Welcome welcome to our little earring heaven, I'm so happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi for letting me join your group. I'm happy to be part of the team.

      Delete
  4. Jumping for joy that you're part of EE now! You really helped kickstart my dive into the world of crust with your singular beads and style. This pair (and their title) are no exception - love the combo! They represent your style so very, very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good blog and I don't do blogs! Making an exception... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to EE, Kimberley! Love the colours in those particular enamel pieces - and the leather is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so great, Kimberly! I love the soft color and the neat treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the earrings! Very rustic. Do you have a shop in Bisbee while you are there? I'm down in that area frequently. Love the place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Kimberly! So glad you'll be posting. I look forward to seeing more of your work here! Beautiful earrings! Love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to have you with us, Miss Kimberly! I love your pieces and what you do with them. Welcome! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous earrings! Welcome aboard :)

    ReplyDelete