Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Periwinkle Drops

Periwinkle is my new favorite color. I didn't give it much thought until my friends and I discovered an old book that my mom had called, "Color Me Beautiful" by Carole Jackson. Apparently in the late seventies and early eighties women had "Color Me Beautiful" parties where they had their skin, eye and hair coloring analyzed and they would then be a season. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I knew my mom was an autumn and I just assumed that I was too. My friend (who happened to be a natural at this after reading this book and finding even more info on it via the internet) told me that I was wrong, that I am a summer. Summer? My least favorite season (I know, oddball here-but I hate the heat)! But after reading up on what colors to wear, jewelry, make up, etc. well...I gave in. She was right. I was doing most everything wrong (of course!)...well, except turquoise I had that on my side. I bought a periwinkle blouse and got so many compliments on it. Who knew? Periwinkle is my color.

If you are curious now as to what season you are, well here's a link to help you get starte
The original book and hey look, it's on Amazon!
                                        You will find these earrings here on my website.

Thanks for stopping by, would love to have a comment from you!

Have a great weekend,

Kristy Abner

Kristy's Kreations

8 comments:

  1. LOL! I remember that stuff! I don't know what season I am... :-D But I love periwinkle too!
    Great hoops! I love how you've got them wrapped! Beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous! I love that you used a coppery wire instead of silver...makes for a nice contrast!

    As for that book...I remember my sister had a closet FULL of of peach tones, as it was her favorite color. After reading the book, she threw it all away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me laugh Patti! My friends and I traded some blouses etc. I gave my "Autumn" friend one of my favorite tops, it was kind of a mustard yellow/brown with white polka dots (sounds lovely, I know) but I loved it but after looking at pictures, it really didn't look good on me but looks great on her!

      Delete
  3. Like a breath of fresh spring air - love these Kristy. The Chalcedony is such a pretty color - and absolutely love the milky frosted look of the quartz. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous! I love everything about these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love periwinkle too! Something about those in-between colors. Iolite is one of my favorite stones I think for that very reason. These long glass drops of yours are beautiful (love the milky color, they glow) and the hoops really balance them well. Lovely with the moonstone-type roundels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a big fan of periwinkle (I had picked lilac wall paper in my bedroom when I was 5...). These earrings are so pretty and luminescent. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete