Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Feathered Stacks

Several weeks ago I got a message from the lovely Malin de Koning, inviting me, along with several other designers, to make up earrings from a pack that Malin put together and to participate in a blog hop to show off the results. Here's one of the pairs that I made.


They are perhaps my favourites of the eight pairs I made, and I'm very tempted to keep them.  The main black and white barrels are some I got recently from Jon Burgess, a UK bead maker, who works with polymer and opened an Etsy shop towards the end of last year.  I like the assymetry they bring to these earrings.

You can see the other earrings I made here. If you're interested you can also look at the the blogs of the other participants - Malin, Rebecca Anderson, Heidi Post and Leah Curtis - to see what they made.

Bye for now, Claire

3 comments:

  1. Hey, looking good ;-) Nice to see how others use my beads. cheers, Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those black and white beads have a wonderful "graphic novel" quality to them--very urban and edgy! I love that you've paired them with festive tropical colors, I like surprising juxtapositions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Those are definitely keepers!

    ReplyDelete