Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Wood and water



I love seeing the latest czech glass bead shapes.  I also really love a spiky bead.  So when I started seeing these thorn beads on different suppliers' sites I knew it was only a matter of time before I gave them a go.  When I got them I was a bit surprised.  They were nowhere near as large as I had anticipated.  (I gather I'm not the only person who gets caught out - a lot - by not checking the measurements on listings...)  The plans I had in mind needed a re-think. These tear shaped hoops are what I came up with.  I mixed in more czech glass and a variety of Indonesian glass.  I've made several similar pairs now using these thorns.  I've also been stocking up on more in different colours.  So, despite their size, they've joined my list of czech glass favourites.


These earrings are now available here in my Etsy shop.

Bye for now, Claire 
www.somethingtodowithyourhands.com
www.somethingtodo.etsy.com


7 comments:

  1. Love these earrings Claire! They are so fun and colorful. Perfect for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who don't check sizes properly - who could you possibly be talking about? ;-) These earrings are all fab, of course. I didn't check these properly before I first saw them either (the thorns) but I was unsurprisingly pleased that they were smaller than I'd anticipated. The teenier the better! That's what happens when you start out as a seed beader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love these earrings! Such a happy fun design! Just perfect, as usual :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shape and all the different beads! You have such a knack for combining a lot of different elements and making them harmonize together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really awesome. Who knew you could pack so much into a pair of earrings. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, totally yummy!!! Love everything about them Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your earrings Claire. They are so funky and fun!

    ReplyDelete