Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tangerine



I was inspired by this photo on Pinterest and when I found these tangerine Czech beads in my bead stash (I recently blogged about organizing my entire bead stash, check it out here), I knew they would be perfect to pair with these gorgeous Czech flower beads. I made the teardrops out of PMC3 and used waxed linen cord to tie it all together.
   
Drop of Fall by musicity on deviantArt
I thought Tangerine was a perfect name for these because the little Czech beads look like tangerines and Tangerine by Led Zeppelin (one of my favs!) came on my iPod during the creative process. Ha! Meant to be.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fab weekend!

Kristy Abner

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the pattern on your silver drops--the circular impressions are so nice together with the sunburst pattern inside the Czech flowers. And I love that tangerine-turquoise combo! I love the addition of the slightly brighter turquoise cording. I like that you wrapped the top, too, rather than just using a jump ring, adds extra interest. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one good color combo. Those tangerine beads remind me an awful lot of some tiger-eye beads I have and I always struggle a little with which beads to pair them up with. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design - so fun and classy! Your PMC Teardrop components came out fabulous - love the details kind of like an impressionistic view of ripples in the water - beautiful as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! And what a great design. I do love the tangerine beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jewellery designs are beautiful and there is nothing better for your inspiration than nature.
    The colours are beautiful and you have created some unique and unusual handmade earrings designs. It is lovely to see some unique earring designs and not the usual run of the mill designs, you are very creative

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this design! The combo of colors really pops, and the texture you used on the teardrop is a perfect compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors and patterns! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty! Love the PMC3 silver drops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luscious colors and textures! Love these earrings.

    ReplyDelete