Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Autumn in Verdigris

Autumn in Verdigris
There's just a hint of autumn color in these earrings--splashes of persimmon, saffron and loden (I saw that last one in an Esprit catalog back in the 80s, sounds so much more poetic than "olive green")--and lots of my favorite sea green color. Czech glass birch leaves from ArteBellaSurplus, saffron patinated copper rings from MissFickleMedia, and recycled glass beads in sea green from Happy Mango Beads. The beads on the earwires are moukaite but I can't remember where I got them.

I of course picture these with a Sundance Catalog ensemble (someday when I'm too rich to care about paying ridiculously overblown prices I'm gonna clean 'em out):

But in the meantime I guess I'll go to Target.

You can see more at my Etsy shop HERE.

10 comments:

  1. My first thought was "how the hell did you string those beads onto a closed ring?" (I assume those are Shannon's saffron yellow patina'd rings) Then I realized they were sitting on top and wired on. You are a GENIUS. And yes, very "Sundance." LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHA! Chuckle, snort! I will be at Target - or should I say Tarzhay? - with you! I love the colors and the textures you create with wire and glass and stone. Marvelous. I would wear anything you create. And it does sound better to use loden than 'olive' or 'pea' or 'baby puke' green, doesn't it? The power of words! ;-) Really, really love these. Enjoy the day, Miss Keirsten! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect name for these beauties! Love your wirework (as usual!). I'm with you on Sundance...bought a ring from there once but have a wish list a mile long from that catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just bought those leaves and they came in the mail today! Great minds! Ditto on Sundance! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply love these. the colors and textures in these earings are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to buy occasionally from Sundance. That is really how I got started making jewelry, loved theirs but couldn't really afford it. Love your earrings too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanitto semi precious earrings Stones are set in sterling silver ear posts with butterfly backs. Matching necklaces available in-store. Please note, these earrings are small measuring 7mm each. Will be beautifully gift wrapped in a Regalrose gift box.

    ReplyDelete